Working in Australia
Looking for work in Australia? You can find all the latest jobs advertised in Australia on jobs4physios. The following information is directed to physiotherapists from overseas wanting to gain employment in Australia.
Get your skills recognised
Assessment of overseas qualified physiotherapists is undertaken by the Australian Physiotherapy Council. Please visit their website
for further information.
Register with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
The functions of the Physiotherapy Board of Australia
• Registering physiotherapists and students
• Developing standards, codes and guidelines for the physiotherapy profession
• Handling notifications, complaints, investigations and disciplinary hearings
• Assessing overseas trained practitioners who wish to practise in Australia
• Approving accreditation standards and accredited courses of study.
For more information on registration please refer to the Board's website
You must register with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia before practising as a physiotherapist in Australia.
To practice in Australia you must be covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance. It is highly recommended that indemnity insurance be obtained before commencing employment. Proof of Board Registration is required before insurance will be granted.
Obtain a working visa
The Department of Immigration can assist you with your applications for a working visa permit to work in Australia.
You can find the latest physiotherapy jobs advertised in Australia on jobs4physios.