Your Information and Your Right To Privacy
• You can elect to provide as much or as little information as you choose although the APA requires a minimum set of information to provide access to their site. What you provide is your choice.
• The APA will under no circumstances sell, trade or rent any personal information that you supply to it to any third party. The APA has partnerships with commercial organisations and those partners will, from time to time, request that the APA send information to people on the APA database as part of the partnership. Any APA or partner information is sent by the APA and data is not provided to any third party. In short, information you supply to the APA stays with the APA.
• You have the right to review and alter any personal membership information that the APA stores about you. After all, it is your information, so you should be the person that controls it. To change your personal information you must login to your account with your unique login and password via the APA website www.physiotherapy.asn.au.
• By choosing to register on the APA web site or as a member of the APA, you may receive information from the APA about membership, APA services, partner information and offers. The APA uses this method to communicate quickly with you. You have the right to refuse inclusion on a mailing list. You can make a request to remove your email address from a mailing list by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
• As part of the normal operation of this site, your internet browser will be sent a "cookie" (a temporary internet file). This cookie enhances the site's functionality with features such as membership logon and electronic ordering. By itself, this cookie can only identify your computer to APA’s server; it is not used to identify you personally.
• Your personal password to access the APA website protects your privacy. We recommend that you do not disclose, share or reveal this password to any other individual.
• It is not anticipated that any information will be disclosed to overseas recipients. If this were to change this page will be updated.
• You have the right to complain regarding any aspect of your privacy rights. If you have a complaint please contact the privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 03 9092 0888.
What information is collected by this site, and how is it used?
• The APA collects browse statistics from this site to track traffic patterns. This may include the URL (web address) you accessed the APA site from, the URL you are going to, the browser you are using and your IP address. The APA uses this information to do internal research on its users' demographics, interests and behaviour to better understand and better serve its users. This information is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis.
• If you decide to become a member of the APA, and we hope that you do, the APA will ask you for additional personal details. You may also opt to provide the APA with more information such as special interest areas you may have where you are employed and your date of birth. Relevant information is disclosed to the public on the internet via the APA's 'Find a Physio' online searchable database only. You must approve the use of your details on this database. Whether you decide to use this service is your choice.
• APA uses your email address, your mailing address and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, publications, and communications relevant to your use of the site and your APA membership. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you have the ability to opt out by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
• From time to time, the APA may decide to collect different kinds of information. When this occurs, the APA will update this privacy page.
Our Commitment to you
Your information is stored on the APA's server located in a secure data housing facility. While, it is important to recognise that "perfect security" does not exist on the internet, the APA is committed to using industry standard mechanisms to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers.
APA Members Privacy
The APA has a strong commitment to protecting your privacy and ensuring the confidentiality and security of personal information provided to the APA by you. As an organisation with an annual turnover of more than $3 million, the APA is required to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which came into effect in March 2014.
You have the right to access the personal information about yourself held by the APA and to correct information which is inaccurate. To change your information you must log into your account with your unique login and password via the APA website www.physiotherapy.asn.au.
Information you have provided to the APA is used to:
• Process applications and renewals and to update your membership details and profile information;
• Notify members and the public that you have met our requirements for credentialing (eg. specialisation or titling);
• Provide information to consumers and others on the availability of physiotherapy services;
• Conduct market research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of APA members;
• Ensure compliance with the APA's Constitution and Regulations;
• Provide you with APA publications and information; and
• Provide you with access to and information about current and future member benefits.
Information provided by you may be disclosed to persons who have a contractual arrangement with the APA, including business partners. However, the APA undertakes not to disclose sensitive information without your consent.
From time to time, the APA arranges mailings using the contact information you have provided, from its business partners (including corporate partners and endorsed product manufacturers/suppliers). These mailings aim to provide you with information and benefits available to you.
If you do not wish to receive information from APA's business partners you should advise your local APA Branch or notify the APA Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.For any information about privacy, please contact the Australian Physiotherapy Association Privacy Officer by phoning 03 9092 0888 or by email email@example.com.